Dynamic DNA Kit©
A next generation teaching tool
Beginning—Easy to perform; requires little or no prior knowledge.
3D Molecular Designs. Twist! Untwist! Replicate! Transcribe! Now students can do it all with the Dynamic DNA Kit©. Whether making health-care decisions for themselves and their families or preparing for careers in medicine, research, or drug development, today's students need to understand DNA. Research shows that while students know DNA contains genetic information, they have trouble understanding how that genetic information is revealed and used. The kit helps students to:
- Delve into DNA replication
- Explore transcription
- Understand how proteins bind to specific sites in the major groove
- Visualize adenosine triphosphate, the universal currency of energy
- Feel the inherent flexibility of DNA
- Easily separate and reassemble the nucleotide's nitrogen base, sugar, and phosphate group
- Identify the 5' to 3' direction of each strand
Kit equips 24 students working in groups of 4.